M&Co is an award-winning national fashion retailer with over 300 stores throughout the UK, international locations and an online shopping destination at www.mandco.com. With a strong belief in developing and growing talent, we know it is our people and their great team spirit that have made us what we are today. They drive us forward in our continued success and help us meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
We want to challenge our employees and to allow them to make a meaningful contribution to the business. In return, we offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career growth. In 2017 we were voted the 14th Best Big Company to work for by the Sunday Times.
We are now seeking an experienced Assistant Buyer to join our Plus & Petities Buying team in our London Buying Office.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Support Buyer in all areas of Buying function and deputise in her/his absence.
- Ensure administration related to orders is efficiently completed.
- Ensure that product/packaging specifications, importing, currency, delivery and duty information is accurately provided.
- Approve sealing and production samples, liasing with Technologist and Buyer when appropriate, chasing lab reports when required.
- Manage samples, ensuring they are properly accounted for labelled up and stored.
- Liaise with Merchandisers and allocators to ensure progress of delivery is monitored from point of placing order to delivery to stores.
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate cost prices, delivery dates and to help develop product.
- To analyse sales: identify best and worst sellers and react appropriately, liaising with Merchandiser to ensure repeats are placed and suppliers chased.
- To assist Buyer with range planning - deciding on overall range structure within constraints of department budget.
- Develop/source new design ideas.
What we offer
- An entrepreneurial and energetic environment that supports career growth and rewards innovation.
- Market leading salary and benefits including generous staff discount, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme & performance related bonus.