M&Co is an award-winning national fashion retailer with over 300 stores throughout the UK and International locations. We were voted one of the Best Big Companies to work by the Sunday Times in 2017.
We believe in developing and growing talent and are committed to building successful teams who can deliver an exceptional customer experience in all our stores.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join M&Co, within the London Buying department on our Home department.
To aid in the sourcing, development and provision of a strong, differentiated range within the constraints of the company’s positioning guidelines, in order to achieve increased sales and maximised profits.
- Support Buyer in all areas of Buying function and deputise in her/his absence.
- Ensure administration related to orders is efficiently completed.
- Ensure that product/packaging specifications, importing, currency, delivery and duty information is accurately provided.
- Approve sealing and production samples, liasing with Technologist and Buyer when appropriate, chasing lab reports when required.
- Manage samples, ensuring they are properly accounted for labelled up and stored.
- Liaise with Merchandisers and allocators to ensure progress of delivery is monitored from point of placing order to delivery to stores.
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate cost prices, delivery dates and to help develop product.
- To analyse sales: identify best and worst sellers and react appropriately, liaising with Merchandiser to ensure repeats are placed and suppliers chased.
- To assist Buyer with range planning - deciding on overall range structure within constraints of department budget.
- Develop/source new design ideas.
- Provide input in selecting new lines.
- Regularly monitor competition, providing reports accordingly.
- Visit stores, shows and trade fairs to source new ideas/suppliers and identify new trends.
- Undertake store visits/liaise with Area Managers to evaluate progress and acceptance of range, as well as to aid floor sets.